Monday, October 5, 2009

Software Skills

I thought it was very beneficial to learn the software skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, and Inspiration. I think that Microsoft Word and Publisher will be more useful to me than Inspiration because there is more that you can do with those for middle and high school students. However, I would occasionally use Inspiration for specific things such as order of operations or the order in which a student should consider convergence tests when solving infinite series. Because the math that is taught in high school is so concrete and step-by-step, I feel like my students would not benefit from making their own concept maps or flow charts. If I first gave them out myself, and then used them as quizzes, it would be a great tool. As far as using Publisher for newsletters, I would probably only create one for each class at the beginning of the semester because it would be difficult for me to put out a monthly newsletter for every class I teach. Perhaps I could use Publisher for other things such as calenders, flyers, and signs. The software that I will use the most is Microsoft Word. I will use tables to create quizzed that are neat. I knew how to create a table, but I did not think of using it to line up my questions on a quiz or test. Microsoft Word will allow me to type up my tests and quizzes and have to do them by hand. If I make a mistake, it will be easier to erase it in a document then have to rewrite the whole test. Especially since Microsoft 2007 has reorganized its set-up, I learned how to use more of the features. Using all the features to the fullest extent will let me stay organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment