I think Social Bookmarking can have applications in any classroom because computers and the internet are becoming more and more important in students' lives. In particular, I could use social bookmarking to find online textbooks and worksheets with math problems, and my students will not have the excuse of forgetting their textbook some where because they will be able to access it online. With online capability practically any where because of cell phones, they do not necessarily have to be at home to complete assignments. I could also bookmark websites that explain step by step porcesses of solving problems, in case someone missed a day of school and needs examples.
If I am teaching 12th grade students, I can use my social bookmarking site to find and bookmark websites that have scholarships for college. In my school, 7th and 8th grade students were split up into teams. If I am teaching 7th and 8th grade students in a similar set-up, the whole team can use a social bookmarking site and divide it into the according subjects. Each teacher could find websites that will be valuable to their subject, and it would encourage the students to learn by making the websites available all in one spot (on the bookmarking site).
Social Bookmarking would defintely help me as an Albright student. We take several classes every semester and organizing all the websites I need to use would allow for easy access. Because I am an education major, it would especially help me arrange all the standards, anchors, and other information that I will need to use on a daily basis. In particular, diigo will be a great social bookmarking website because I would be able to a create list for every subject that I will be qualified to teach. Diigo will allow me to stay organized and to gain access to my list of all the websites (academic and non-academic) from any computer.
Final Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment